AN INVITATION FROM THE DEAN TO INVEST IN INNOVATION AND EXCELLENCE
As dean of the College of Health Professions at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), I invite you to join in our college’s leadership in health care and health professions education. The college’s Dean Society was created to provide resources to enhance and strengthen our programs in education, research and service.
Our college offers a growing, diverse array of allied health programs with more than 700 professions. Our graduates work across the spectrum of health care, from direct patient care to critical services.
As a dean’s Society member, your investment in innovation and excellence will promote our continued success. Students and faculty will benefit in their education, research and service endeavors. Ultimately their professions, patients and health care benefit.
Thank you for generously supporting the College of Health Professions. Your investment in the college will help prepare today’s students to become tomorrow’s leaders in the allied health professions.
Douglas L. Murphy, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Health Professions
To join the Dean’s Society, please click the button below to make a gift today!
THE DEAN’S VISION
The Dean’s Society will fund interprofessional projects in three key areas:
- Service Learning and Community Engagement. Projects planned and implemented by CHP students, faculty and staff will be funded by the dean’s Society to create a lasting impact on the health of our communities.
- Teaching and Learning Innovations. Projects will be funded to encourage CHP faculty to utilize creativity, collaboration and cutting edge teaching methods to provide students with greater learning opportunities.
- Research. Grants will be awarded to CHP faculty, staff or students to support pilot studies and small-scale research projects in basic, applied or translational sciences, education methods or clinical practice.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Invitations from Dean Murphy to college special events and presentations
- Dean’s Society lapel pin
- Recognition in college publications
- Quarterly college newsletter and e-newsletter
ANNUAL GIVING LEVELS
- $2,500 — Dean’s Roundtable
- $1,000 — Dean’s Circle
- $500 — Dean’s Society
- $240 — Faculty, Staff, and Recent Alumni (in the last five years)
For more information about the Dean’s Society, please contact:
Donna Norvell Smith, Director of Development