Night and Weekend Parking for Students
There are some nights and weekend parking options available to students at little or no cost.
- Students can purchase a Student Evening Decal for $21 per year. This decal permits access to Parking 2, Level A after 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 24 hours-a-day on weekends and UAMS-observed holidays. Students must exit the lot by 7 a.m. during the week.
- There are five campus lots available for free parking by students after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and 24 hours-a-day on weekends and UAMS-observed holidays. No decal is required, though vehicles without a permit should exit the lot prior to 7:15 a.m. on weekdays.
Those lots are:
- Lot 1
- Lot 6
- Lot 7E
- Lot 10
- Lot 18
(Parking Lot map: http://www.uams.edu/campusop/depts/po/_images/UAMS_Parking_Map.png)
For more information or other parking/transportation questions, visit the Parking Operations website (http://www.uams.edu/campusop/depts/po/) or call (501) 526-7275 to speak with a member of the Parking Operations team.
UAMS Adds New Shuttle, Changes Routes
UAMS is adding a new shuttle bus and revising routes, beginning Monday, Feb. 6, in an effort to improve shuttle service to and from campus.
Shuttle service will be dedicated to each of the three FREE lots — Ray Winder, War Memorial and Rick’s Armory — during peak times.
Please select the route that works best for you and park in the appropriate lot. It will be important that you take the correct shuttle when returning to your parked car.
Additional information is available on the Parking Operations website.
Student Research Day
Below is the link for Student Research Day (SRD) and the abstract submission is on the left menu once you reach that page. Deadline for the poster Abstract submission is March 22. Student Research Day is April 12. We have a class blackout day for whole campus, so there should be no conflicts (excluding clinical clerkships). There will be multiple prizes by student category. If you have questions, please let me know.
This is open to any UAMS Student who is doing research with a UAMS faculty mentor.
Also for the M2 and M3’s doing the Honors in Research Program…. Remember you are required to participate in SRD in either your M2 or M3 years and there are no exceptions, so if you are an M3, you have to present here. Also remember that I sent an email recently that you can do the 3 MT instead of a poster, your choice.
All students……. In the next few days I will be sending out the details to sign up for the 3 MT. We will be having semifinals the last week of March with finals to be held on SRD. It is totally fine if you want to register for both, and they can be on the same project.
MD/PhD Students……… if you participate, sign up as PhD.
Let the games begin and many thx.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences has partnered with Heartland ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. If you would like to receive your 1098-T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided below and following the step by step instructions. 1098-T’s will be provided by the end of January 2017. If electronic consent is not received by January 1, 2017 the 1098-T will be mailed to the current address on file.
1098-T Electronic Benefits
The benefits to receiving electronic notification are:
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T form while traveling or away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, click on the link below and follow the simple instructions to sign up!
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the web form.
- Check the box and click submit.
It’s that easy!
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for Heartland ECSI.
UAMS Student Financial Services – Bursar’s Office
Associated Student Government Monthly Meeting Schedule
The UAMS Associated Student Government has published its monthly meeting schedule. All meetings will be from 12:00pm to 1:00pm in the I. Dodd Wilson Building, Room 105 A/B. Meeting dates are as follows:
- Monday, March 13, 2017
- Monday, April 10, 2017
- Monday, May 8, 2017