Student Travel Reimbursement Procedure
Students attending state or national conferences where they will: (1) give a presentation, (2) participate as an officer or national committee member, or (3) take part in a competition related to their program are eligible for reimbursement up to, but not exceeding $500.00 in approved expenses.
- Step 1 – Confirmation – Student must have a confirmed invitation to give a presentation, participate as a national officer or committee member, or take part in a competition related to your program. Confirmation must be submitted with the Student Travel Expense Reimbursement Pre-Trip Authorization Form.
- Step 2 – Submission – Complete the Student Travel Expense Reimbursement Pre-Trip Authorization Form. Faculty sponsor or chairman must sign off on the form before it is submitted to the Dean’s Office for approval. Please complete the form and return to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at least two weeks prior to the trip
- Step 3 – Review – The Assistant Dean for Student Affairs will review the form and supporting documents. Additional information may be required. Student traveler and faculty representative will be notified of decision. Please allow 10 working days for notification.
- Step 4 – Finalize Trip Reimbursement – Upon return from your travel, complete the Student Travel Expense Reimbursement Request Form including all required proof of paid expenses by the student traveler must be submitted within five (5) business days of completion of travel.
- Step 5 – After all required documentation is received, please allow 7 to 21 business days for processing. Reimbursement will be in the form of a paper check mailed directly to the student at the address printed on the form.
UAMS Reimbursement Requirements
- Official conference flyer or announcement
- Registration form
- Receipt showing paid registration
- Must have an overnight stay to receive meal reimbursement
- No alcohol – UAMS does not reimburse alcohol charges
- Maximum reimbursable tip amount: 15%. – You can leave more, but only 15% will be reimbursed.
- Food per diem allowances vary by city/state.
- Final receipt/folio from hotel
- UAMS will only pay for room/taxes. Incidentals such as in-house movies are the responsibility of the traveler to pay.
- Receipts for any shuttles/taxis used in the destination city. Utilize free shuttles whenever possible
- If a car was rented, see information about rental car requirements above.
- Do not rent a car if all it will be used for is transportation to and from the airport to the event or to and from the hotel to the event.
- Receipt for parking at the airport.
Rental Car Receipts
- Rental car final receipt
- Submit copy of receipt from rental car company
- Refueling receipt
This procedure will take effect on January 18, 2017.
This procedure was approved by Dr. Douglas Murphy, Dean on January 18, 2017.