Dean’s Office – Associate Dean of Administrative Affairs
Office of the Dean
College of Health Professions
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Professional Position – Dean’s Office
Title: Associate Dean of Administrative Affairs
Functions and Responsibilities
The Associate Dean of Administrative Affairs is responsible for fiscal and administrative oversight of the 14 departments which make up the College of Health Professions – Audiology and Speech Pathology, Center for Dental Education, Dental Hygiene, Dietetics and Nutrition, Emergency Medical Sciences, Genetic Counseling, Health Information Management, Imaging and Radiation Sciences, Laboratory Sciences, Ophthalmic Technologies, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Respiratory and Surgical Technologies, and Occupational Therapy. In addition, this position provides oversight and monitoring of expenditures of 110 foundation accounts in the college with a cash and investment value of nearly $3 million.
Among the principal duties are budgeting, financial management, contracts management, personnel management, space planning, inventory management, and the preparation of a variety of reports for regulatory and other agencies including internal auditing reports. The college has a current operating budget of $16.3 million with approximately 131 regular faculty and staff, 45 adjunct faculty, 18 graduate assistants, and 14 trainees.
This position reports to the dean of the College of Health Professions and has one direct report and 16 indirect reports.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Six (6) years’ experience in budgeting and financial administration
- Four (4) years’ supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience/Proficiency with SAP
- Experience in clinical practice setting
- Experience in academic setting
- Oversees and monitors an expense budget of $16.3 million which includes the 14 academic departments of the college and the Dean’s Office, ensuring sufficient funds are maintained to accomplish the goals of the college and its academic units and that budgets are not overspent.
- Oversees and monitors expenditures of 110 foundation accounts in the college with a cash and investment value of nearly $3 million.
- Oversees all personnel processes in the college, including the preparation and posting of faculty position announcements, all hiring and termination records, review of payroll for auditing purposes; and serves on various search committees, both as a liaison to the dean’s office as well as chairman.
- Prepares the college budget; uploads the budget into the SAP budget module. Prepares revenue projections for budget for laboratory fees, tuition, clinic income, contractual income, and continuing education. Prepares expense budgets for all academic departments as well as the dean’s office.
- Performs various reporting functions such as: review of staff benefits reports, audits various departmental accounts; prepares monthly financial summary for campus; prepares monthly performance reports for the Oral Health Clinic; prepares annual ASAHP salary survey. Oversees preparation of space survey report and physical inventory report.
- Reviews all contracts for the college, including over 878 affiliation agreements as well as contracts and memoranda of agreements with various other agencies and educational institutions in the state, out of state, and in other countries. The 878 affiliation agreements represent 627 separate clinical sites in 39 states plus one agreement outside the United States.
- Serves on several college and university committees.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is the only academic health sciences university in the state of Arkansas and the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees in 73 of Arkansas’ 75 counties. UAMS offers 64 professional and specialist degree programs and certificates through our Colleges of Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and Graduate School. The campus offers state of the art library and clinical simulation facilities. Programs at the campus are designed to promote inter-professional learning and clinical experiences.
Applications are currently being accepted through November 27, 2017, via the UAMS Jobs Portal.
Please click the following link to apply.
UAMS is an inclusive Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence.