Arkansas Hospital Auxiliary Association Scholarship
Eligible: Continuing Students Only
Background and Purpose
The Arkansas Hospital Auxiliary Association scholarship is awarded each year by the Arkansas Hospital Auxiliary Association to one outstanding student in the last year of his or her degree program in the College of Health Professions. The scholarship recipient is selected based on high academic achievement, professionalism, and financial need.
Award Amount and Timing
Subject to the availability of funds, the total annual award is $1,000 to the selected student(s). Scholarship award is as follows: $500 per semester for fall and spring semester enrollment.
- Applicant must be an Arkansas resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the last year of his or her degree program in the College of Health Professions. Applicant must be enrolled in CHP programs that are normally more than one year in length. Note: Students repeating a one-year program or who are enrolled part-time in a normally one-year program that will require them to spend more than one year as a result of their part-time status are not eligible.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA (cGPA) of at least 2.5. Note: Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) is the average of all grades achieved in all graded courses appearing on the CHP transcript. Only courses in which regular letter grades (i.e., A, B, C, D, & F) are earned are used in cGPA calculations.
- Documented Financial Need – All students applying for scholarships must apply for financial aid. Students are not required to accept awarded loans, but in order to generate the aid report required that officially documents financial need, a completed FAFSA is required. Please see the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- A recommendation is required from the CHP Department Chairman for applicant’s program.