College of Health Professions Scholarships
Eligible: New and Continuing Students
Background and Purpose
The College of Health Professions (CHP) Scholarships are provided by generous donations from the annual CHP Phone-a-Thon campaign. The CHP scholarship awards in two categories – academic excellence or financial need. The number of annual awards is based on the money raised during the phone-a-thon.
Award Amount and Timing
Subject to the availability of funds, the total annual award is $1,000 to selected student(s). Scholarship award is as follows: $500 per semester for fall and spring semester enrollment.
- Financial Need Scholarship – Applicant must have a cumulative GPA (cGPA) of at least 2.5
- Financial Need Scholarship – Applicant must be at least a half-time student (6 SC or more) during each of the semesters awarded.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship – Applicant must have a cumulative GPA (cGPA) of at least 3.5
- Academic Excellence Scholarship – First consideration will be given to students who have completed 12 or more semester credits of CHP professional coursework.
- Documented Financial Need – All students applying for scholarships must apply for financial aid. Students are not required to accept awarded loans, but in order to generate the aid report required that officially documents financial need, a completed FAFSA is required. Please see the Student Financial Services website for more information.