Dr. and Mrs. W.R. Brooksher, Jr. Endowed Scholarship
Eligible: Continuing Radiologic Imaging Sciences Students Only
Background and Purpose
In 1958, the Arkansas Medical Society Alliance established this scholarship in honor of Dr. and Mrs. W.R. Brooksher, Jr. to aid students training as medical technologist, x-ray technicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and medical social workers. Dr. Brooksher was a pioneer in the use of x-ray technology in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Endowed by the Arkansas Medical Society Alliance in 2009, the scholarship is awarded annually to an outstanding student in Radiologic Imaging Sciences.
Award Amount and Timing
Subject to the availability of funds the total annual award is $1,500 to the selected student(s). Scholarship award is as follows: $750 per semester, fall and spring semester enrollment.
- Arkansas Resident enrolled in the Division of Radiologic Imaging Sciences (RIS).
- Applicant must be in good standing in the Radiologic Imaging Sciences program having completed at least one complete academic year prior to receiving the award. An approved degree plan for the Bachelor of Science program must be on file in the RIS department.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.0 as calculated for all professional courses completed during the time in the program.
- Documented Financial Need. All students applying for scholarships must also apply for financial aid if they have not done so already. Students are not required to accept the awarded loans, but a completed FAFSA is required to generate the aid report that officially documents the financial need of applicants. Please see the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Three references are required, of which at least one must be from a faculty member in the Division of Radiologic Imaging Sciences, excluding the Division Director and the Department Chairman. Relatives should not be used as references.