Jeremy L. Overstreet Memorial Scholarship
Eligible: Continuing NW Arkansas Radiologic Imaging Sciences Students Only
Background and Purpose
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Mr. Jeremy L. Overstreet by the Overstreet family in 2011. A dedicated student with unwavering personal strength, Overstreet graduated in 2005 with high honors from the Radiologic Imaging Sciences program at the UAMS Area Health Education Center in Fayetteville. After graduation, he worked at Mercy Health Systems in Rogers until he passed away of cancer in 2011.
Award Amount and Timing
Subject to the availability of funds, the total annual award is $1,500 to the selected student. Scholarship award is as follows: $750 per semester, fall and spring semester enrollment.
- Applicant must have completed at least one academic year (fall and spring) in the Medical Radiography program in the Division of Radiologic Imaging Sciences (RIS).
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.5 as calculated for all professional and concurrent courses completed since the time of admission into the program.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.5 in Clinical Practicum I (RAD 2226) and Clinical Practicum II (RAD 2335).
- Documented Financial Need – All students applying for scholarships must apply for financial aid. Students are not required to accept awarded loans, but in order to generate the aid report required that officially documents financial need, a completed FAFSA is required. Please see the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Three references are required, of which at least one must be from a faculty member in the Division of Radiologic Imaging Sciences, excluding the Division Director and the Department Chairman. Relatives should not be used as references.