Joseph R. Bittengle Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Eligible: Continuing Radiologic Imaging Sciences Students Only
Background and Purpose
This scholarship was established in 2011 to honor the memory of a man who believed strongly that caring for others was paramount, who valued education and life-long learning, and who serves as a professional mentor to many faculty members and students during his fifteen years at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Joseph Bittengle embodied professionalism, promotion of academic excellence, and service to others.
Award Amount and Timing
Subject to the availability of funds, the total annual award is $1,250 to the selected student. Scholarship award is as follows: $625 per semester, fall and spring semester enrollment.
- Applicant must have completed at least one academic year (fall and spring semester) in the Medical Radiography program in the Division of Radiologic Imaging Sciences.
- Applicant must have an approved degree plan for the Bachelor of Science program.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.0 as calculated for all professional courses completed during the time in the program.
- Documented Financial Need – All students applying for scholarships must apply for financial aid. Students are not required to accept awarded loans, but in order to generate the aid report required that officially documents financial need, a completed FAFSA is required. Please see the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Three references are required – one from a faculty member in the Department of Radiologic Imaging Sciences, excluding the Division Director and the Department Chairman; one from a clinical instructor or current supervisor, if employed, and one from a reference of the applicant’s choosing. Relatives should not be used as references.