Ronald H. Winters, Ph.D. Endowed Scholarship
Eligible: Continuing Students Only
Background and Purpose
The Ronald H. Winters, Ph.D. Endowed Scholarship was established in honor of Dean Emeritus Ronald H. Winters, at his retirement in 2011. Dr. Winters is the second longest serving dean of an allied health school in the United States. He served as dean of the College of Health Professions for almost 29 years. The purpose of this scholarship is to reward an Arkansas resident who is enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher-level program in the college and who demonstrates high academic achievement, strong leadership skills, and financial need.
Award Amount and Timing
Subject to the availability of funds, the total annual award is $2,000 to the selected student(s). Scholarship award is as follows: $1,000 per semester, fall and spring semester enrollment.
- Applicant must meet UAMS requirements for designation as a resident of the State of Arkansas.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a bachelor, master, or doctoral program in the UAMS College of Health Professions.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.50 for all courses completed since the time of admission into CHP.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and a since desire to become a leader in the allied health professions.
- Documented Financial Need – All students applying for scholarships must apply for financial aid. Students are not required to accept awarded loans, but in order to generate the aid report required that officially documents financial need, a completed FAFSA is required. Please see the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Letter of recommendation is required from a current College of Health Professions faculty member who is knowledgeable of and can address the applicant’s leadership traits/characteristics.