Scholarships for New and Continuing Students
Scholarships for new and continuing students enrolled in any CHP program:
- The College of Health Professions (CHP) Scholarships are provided by generous donations from the annual CHP Phone-a-Thon campaign. The CHP scholarship awards in two categories – academic excellence or financial need. The number of annual awards is based on the money raised during the phone-a-thon.
- The Legacy Scholarship is funded by purchasing a brick for the College of Health Professions Legacy Garden. The Legacy Garden is a permanent part of the UAMS landscape and is centrally located in the College of Health Professions. These bricks honor “Friends of the College” with a permanent tribute.
Scholarships for new and continuing students enrolled in the Cytotechnology program:
- The Wanda L. Culbreth Endowed Scholarship was established in 2006 by Mrs. Culbreth’s husband, Reverend Cecil Culbreth, as well as Mrs. Culbreth’s colleagues in the Department of Laboratory Sciences in the College of Health Professions and in the Department of Pathology of the UAMS College of Medicine. She was a dedicated cytotechnologist and cytotechnology program director at UAMS. It will be awarded annually to an outstanding cytotechnology student who demonstrates academic achievement, professionalism, and strong leadership abilities.
- The Eulalia S. Araoz Scholarship for Cytotechnology was established in 2013 by Mrs. Araoz’s husband, Dr. Carlos Araoz, MD. She was a dedicated cytotechnologist who modeled professionalism, embodied a diligent work ethic to make patients and families the focus of healthcare, and demonstrated attention to detail. It will be awarded annually to a cytotechnology student who demonstrates a commitment to the field of cytotechnology, exemplifies professionalism, and personifies a strong work ethic.
Scholarships for new students enrolled in the Physician Assistant program:
- Established in 2015, this scholarship was established in memory of Dr. Bart Barlogie’s late step-father, Dr. Hermann Hammans and as a salute to Dr. Barlogie’s daughter, a recent graduate of the Physician Assistant program. This scholarship will be used to benefit Physician Assistant students in the UAMS College of Health Processions.