Faculty and Staff
Amlani, Amyn, Ph.D., Professor and Chair
- Ph.D. – Audiology, Michigan State University.
- Teaching and Research Interests: Hearing aid fitting and selection procedures, Auditory perception in real-world environments, Predicting speech-intelligibility performance from the electroacoustic characteristics of hearing aids, and Economic and marketing trends within the hearing aid industry.
- Phone: (501) 569-8902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atcherson, Samuel, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Audiology
- Ph.D. – Audiology, University of Memphis.
- Research Interests: Auditory (Electro)physiology; Hearing Assistive Technology; Auditory (Re)habilitation, Health Literacy
- Teaching Interests: Anatomy and Physiology, Electrophysiology, Auditory Processing.
- Phone: (501) 683-7178
- Email: email@example.com
- Click here to view Dr. Atcherson’s webpage.
Bracy, Connie, M.S., CCC-SLP, Clinical Instructor
- M.S. – Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Research Interests: Child Language: Development and Disorders; Social Aspects of Language; Clinical Instruction
- Teaching Interests: Clinical Diagnostics
- Phone: (501) 569-8904
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis, Bradley, Au.D., CCC-A, Clinical Audiologist, Advanced Instructor
- Au.D. – Audiology, Salus University.
- Research Interests: Auditory Processing; Amplification
- Teaching Interests: Gerontology, Medical Audiology, Amplification, Electrophysiology
- Phone: (501) 569-8911
- Email: email@example.com
Eaton, Beth, M.S., ASHA Fellow; Instructor
- M.S. – Speech-Language Pathology; Texas Women’s University.
- Research and Teaching Interests: Infant and Toddler Language.
- Phone: (501) 569-8903
- Email: EatonBethB@uams.edu
Franklin, Clifford, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Ph.D. – Audiology; University of Tennessee.
- Research Interests: Acceptance of Background Noise/Acceptable Noise Level; Amplification Benefit/Use; Hearing Assistive Technology
- Teaching Interests: Amplification; Acoustics; Psychoacoustics; Diagnostic Audiometry.
- Phone: (501) 569-8912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin, Jennifer, Au.D., Assistant Professor, Audiology Clinical Director
- Au.D. – Audiology; University of Florida.
- Research Interests: Aural Rehabilitation; Clinical Laboratory; Clinical Instruction
- Teaching Interests: Amplification; Balance Disorders.
- Phone: (501) 569-8905
- Email: email@example.com
Gentry, Betholyn, Ph.D., Professor and Co-Director of the AR Consortium for the Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and Interim Director, Speech-Language Pathology
- Ph.D. – Speech-Language Pathology; Memphis State University.
- Research Interests: Pragmatic language disorders; Learning disabilities; Sickle cell disease and communication disorders; Multicultural issues; and Autism spectrum disorders.
- Teaching Interests: Language assessment and intervention; Learning Disabilities; Counseling in Communication Disorders; Differential Diagnosis; Articulation Disorders.
- Phone: (501) 569-8913
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to view Dr. Gentry’s webpage.
Kelly, Donna, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator
- Ph.D. – Child Language; University of Kansas.
- Research and Teaching Interests: Child Language Acquisition; Children with Language Impairments; Multicultural Issues.
- Phone: (501) 569-3154
- Email: email@example.com
Kintz, Stephen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. – Communication Sciences and Disorders, East Carolina University.
- Research Interests: Assessment; Cognitive Neuroscience of Language; Discourse
- Teaching Interests: Neural Processes of Speech and Language; Cognition and Cognitive Impairments
- Phone: N/A
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loudermill, Chenell, Ph.D. Clinic Director for Speech Pathology
- Ph.D. – Communication Sciences and Disorders; Arkansas Consortium for the Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Research Interests: Language-Based Reading Difficulties; Social Aspects of Communication; Child Language: Development and Disorders
- Teaching Interests: Infant Toddler Communication; Clinical Management; Assessment and Treatment of Literacy Disorders
- Phone: (501) 683-7641
- Email: email@example.com
Moser, Dana, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. – Communication Sciences and Disorders; University of South Carolina.
- Research Interests: Aphasia Treatment & Recovery; Brain Plasticity; Neuromodulation; Translational Neuroscience.
- Teaching Interests: Aphasia; Neurogenic Communication Disorders; Speech Anatomy & Physiology.
- Phone: (501) 569-8914
- Email: DRMoser@uams.edu
Nagaraj, Naveen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. – Hearing Science, Ohio University.
- Research Interests: Cognitive Hearing Science, Listening Comprehension, Psychoacoustics.
- Teaching Interests: Diagnostic Audiology, Psychoacoustics, Amplification.
- Phone: (501) 569-8906
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevins, Mary Ellen, Ed.D., Professor and Director, Auditory-Based Intervention Program
- Ed.D. – Columbia University
- Research Interests: Professional Learning; Listening and Spoken Language Outcomes for Children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Teaching Interests: Listening for Spoken Language and Literacy; Effective Communication for Interprofessional Collaboration; Family-Centered Intervention
- Phone: (501) 569-8249
- Email: email@example.com
Nicholson, Nannette, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Children’s Hearing Services
- Ph.D. – Audiology, University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Research Interests: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention; Pediatric Amplification.
- Teaching Interests: Pediatric Audiology, Evidence Based Practice.
- Phone: (501) 569-8909
- Click here to view Dr. Nicholson’s webpage.
Robinson, Greg, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Ph.D. – Speech-Language Pathology; Michigan State University.
- Research Interests: Sociolinguistics; Phonological Acquisition and Disorders; Cross-Dialectal Speech Perception; Sociolinguistics/Multicultural Issues.
- Teaching Interests: Sociolinguistics; Phonological Acquisition and Disorders; Phonetics; Introduction to Communication Disorders; Language Disorders in Young Children.
- Phone: (501) 683-7307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Bertram, Research Assistant
Telephone: (501) 683-7579
Lydia Buie, Business Administrator
Telephone: (501) 569-3156
Veva Petty, Administrative Specialist III
Telephone: (501) 569-3155
Natasha Stephens, Clinic Manager/Billing Specialist
Telephone: (501) 907-5810
Assistant Professors: Beverly Hildebrand, Ph.D.; Michael Winston, Ph.D.; Patti Martin, Ph.D.
Instructors: Jeff Adams; Jane Brucks; Amy Chandler; Kris Douglas; Cynthia Ford; Charia Hall; John Halloran; Misti Hart; Ann Hedges; Cathy Henderson; April Harmon; Larry Karpe; Timothy Lim; Stacey Mahurin; Holly Marvin; JR McCoy; Tom Sowell; Janet Zarnoch.
Priscilla Davis, Ph.D.; Thomas W. Guyette, Ph.D.; Hope Keiser, Ph.D.; Patricia Monoson, Ph.D.; James Montague, Ph.D.; Shirley Pine, Ph.D.; Mark Weatherton, Ph.D.