Department of Dental Hygiene
Ann Bowers Hurst Endowed Scholarship
- The Ann Bowers Hurst Endowed Scholarship was established in 2012 through the Hot Springs Village Community Foundation by the estate of Mrs. Edith Bowers, in memory of Mrs. Bowers’ daughter, Mrs. Ann Bowers Hurst. A 1973 graduate of the dental hygiene program, Mrs. Hurst served as a dental hygienist in Little Rock for 34 years. She remained dedicated to the dental hygiene profession until her death in 2008.
Alice Marie Kelly Kuntz Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship was established in 2007 by the estate of Mrs. Alice Marie Kelly Kuntz, a former dental hygienist who passed away in 2007. Mrs. Kuntz is survived by her sister, Mrs. Irene Mason, who was also a dental hygienist. The scholarship is awarded annually to an outstanding dental hygiene student who demonstrates high academic achievement, financial need, and strong leadership abilities.
Arkansas State Dental Hygienists’ Association Scholarship
- The Arkansas State Dental Hygienists’ Association scholarship was established in 2000. The purpose of this scholarship is to award an exemplary upper-level student in the dental hygiene program.
Delta Dental Plan of Arkansas Endowed Scholarship
- The Delta Dental Plan of Arkansas Endowed Scholarship was established in 2004 by the Delta Dental Plan of Arkansas, Incorporated. The purpose of the scholarship is to award an exceptional upper-level dental hygiene student. The scholarship recipient must demonstrate high academic achievement, financial need, and the qualities indicative of a dedicated healthcare provider.
Virginia Goral Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship was established in 2008 to honor Dr. Virginia Goral, former chair of the Department of Dental Hygiene, at her retirement. The scholarship was established with support from Dr. Goral’s colleagues and former students in recognition of Dr. Goral’s many contributions to the department during her 15 years of service to UAMS and 34 years in dental hygiene education.