Student to Faculty Ratios
- Pre-Clinic and Clinic — 1 student to 1 faculty
- Classroom — 14 students to 1 faculty
Employment Rate of Graduates (surveyed 12 months after graduation)
- 2014 — 100% (13 of 13)
- 2013 — 100% (14 of 14)
- 2012 — 100% (14 of 14)
Average Entering GPAs
- 2015 — 3.61
- 2014 — 3.46
- 2013 — 3.60
Race/Ethnicity/Gender of Students
- 2011-12 – 12 White, 2 African American
- 2010-11 – 14 White
- 2009-10 – 14 White
- 2011-12 – 13 Female, 1 Male
- 2010-11 – 13 Female, 1 Male
- 2009-10 – 14 Females
- Dietetic Interns
- Awarded Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Dietetic Internship after successfully completing the program
- Eligible to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians after successfully completing the program. Successful completion of the exam allows for the Registered Dietitian (R.D.) credentials
- The due date for all application materials is February 15. There are 3 components to the application process: 1) establish an account with the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) at http://portal.dicas.org and submit required items, 2) mail required items to the College of Health Professions (CHP) at UAMS as outlined on the website, and 3) register and complete the required steps for computer matching with D & D Digital at www.dnddigital.com. DICAS and D & D Digital materials must be posted on-line no later than 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on the due date. Items mailed to CHP must be postmarked on or before the due date.
- Fall term only
Accept Out-of-State Students
Accept International Students
- TOEFL score must be > 570 and submitted with application materials by application deadline.
Preference for Arkansas Residents
How many students are in each class?
- Approximately 14
When do classes begin?
- The nine-month program begins in August and ends in May.
Is it “hard” to get accepted into the program?
- Admission to the program is competitive and based on the factors outlined in the “About the Program” section of the website.