The following technical standards are expected of all students in the UAMS/CAVHS Dietetic Internship Program:
- Cognitive ability to apply nutrition knowledge and critical thinking skills in a variety of settings (clinical, community, administrative, etc)
- Ability to integrate scientific information and research into dietetics practice
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to clients, the public and other healthcare professionals
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with peers/co-workers and teachers/supervisors
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and work independently
- Ability to use positive and negative feedback from faculty and preceptors to strengthen skills
Additionally, students are expected to exhibits professionalism at all times by being punctual, adaptable/flexible, responsible and dependable. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from all supervised practice sites.