How To Apply
For applicants to the spring 2018 semester courses, applications should be received by December 1, 2017 to be assured of consideration for admission. In preparation for the upcoming transfer to UA-PTC, no admissions will occur to the summer 2018 semester. To be eligible for EMT Licensure, applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the last day of the semester in which they wish to enroll. Send all requested materials to the CHP Welcome Center.
- Application for Admission: The application is required and is available here.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $40.00 is required and must accompany the application.
- Official Transcripts: A minimum of one college-level course is required for admission into the EMT program. Arrange for each college or university you have attended to forward an official transcript of your course. A college Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 2.0 is required for admission to the program.
- Nondegree/Noncertificate Form: A signed statement that indicates the applicant has read, understands, and agrees to the requirements governing nondegree/noncertificate applications must be submitted by uploading it into your profile in GUS. A standard form is available here.
- TOEFL Scores as applicable. See International Applicants in the Admissions/Academic Information section of the catalog.
Arkansas residency will be considered during selection for admission. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, age, marital status, national origin, or sex. Otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities receive equal consideration.
*Admission Requirements for Foreign, Non-permanent Resident Alien, and Non-native English Speakers: All applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent resident aliens or for whom English is not their native language must meet additional admission requirements. Please consult the Admission/Academic Information section of the CHP Catalog found at http://healthprofessions.uams.edu/current-students/catalogs-and-handbooks/ .
All documents should be submitted to:
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Health Professions Welcome Center
4301 West Markham Street, Slot 619
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
Telephone: (501) 686-5730
**All accepted applicants must consent to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to matriculation. Background checks and drug screens are required by most clinical sites during the didactic and clinical phase of the program. Matriculation into the program is contingent upon acceptable background check and drug screen results. Adverse results of a background check will be considered on an individual basis and may result in an inability to matriculate into the program. Enrolled students may be randomly drug tested throughout the curriculum and clinical sites may require updated background checks. More information about the requirement will be provided to accepted applicants.