How to Apply
Class size is limited and all applicants may not be selected for participation. A selective admission process will be utilized. Information about the process will be provided with the application packet.
For applicants to the spring 2018 semester courses, applications should be received by December 1, 2017 to be assured of consideration for admission. Send all requested materials to the CHP Welcome Center. Applicants must provide:
- Application for Admission: The College of Health Professions Application for Admission is required.* Apply directly online by clicking here.
- Application Fee: A $40.00 non-refundable fee is required and must accompany the application.
- Official Transcript: Arrange for each college or university you have attended to mail an official transcript of your course work. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 is required to apply for admission. Students must have at least 9 SC hours of college credit to apply.
- References: Three references from persons qualified to judge your promise of success in the program are required. Applicants will be required to enter the reference name and email address on the online application. That information will automatically generate an email to the references with instructions for completing and submitting the reference form.
- Interview: Applicants are contacted to arrange an interview after receipt of their application and transcript(s); based upon qualifications, not all applicants may be interviewed. The applicant’s writing skills will be assessed during the interview.
- TOEFL Scores as applicable. See International Applicants in the Admissions/Academic Information section of the College of Health Professions catalog.
*Admission Requirements for Foreign, Non-permanent Resident Alien, and Non-native English Speakers: All applicants who are not United States citizensor permanent resident aliens or for whom English is not their native language must meet additional admission requirements. Please consult the Admission/Academic Information section of the CHP Catalog.
Arkansas residency will be considered during selection for admission. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or disability status as a criterion in deciding against any individual in matters of admission, placement, transfer, hiring, dismissal, compensation, fringe benefits, training, tuition assistance, and other personnel or educationally-related actions.
All documents should be submitted to:
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Health Professions Welcome Center
4301 West Markham Street, Mail Slot 619
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
Telephone: (501) 686-5730
**All accepted applicants must consent to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to matriculation. Background checks and drug screens are required by most clinical sites during the didactic and clinical phase of the program. Matriculation into the program is contingent upon acceptable background check and drug screen results. Adverse results of a background check will be considered on an individual basis and may result in an inability to matriculate into the program. Enrolled students may be randomly drug tested throughout the curriculum and clinical sites may require updated background checks. More information about the requirement will be provided to accepted applicants.