How to Apply
Application materials should be received by May 1 to be considered for admission. Send all requested materials to the CHP Welcome Center.
Applicants must provide:
- Application for Admission: The application is required and is available here.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $40.00 is required and must accompany the application.
- Official Transcripts: Arrange for each college or university you have attended to forward an official transcript of your course work. A minimum GPA of 2.50 is required in science/mathematics courses as well as the core curriculum courses. A minimum GPA of 2.80 is required in science/mathematics courses as well as the core curriculum courses for the MLS distance-hybrid track.
- Advising Session: Qualified applicants are contacted to arrange an advising session after receipt of application and all official transcripts. This session will be scheduled during the spring semester.
- TOEFL scores as applicable. See International Applicants in the Admissions/Academic Information section of the catalog.
Arkansas residency will be considered during selection for admission. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or disability status as a criterion in deciding against any individual in matters of admission, placement, transfer, hiring, dismissal, compensation, fringe benefits, training, tuition assistance, and other personnel or educationally-related actions.
All documents should be submitted to:
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Health Professions
4301 West Markham Street, Slot 619
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
Telephone: (501) 686-5730
*Admission Requirements for Foreign, Non-permanent Resident Alien, and Non-native English Speakers: All applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent resident aliens or for whom English is not their native language must meet additional admission requirements. Please consult the Admission/Academic Information section of the CHP Catalog.
**All accepted applicants must consent to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to matriculation. Background checks and drug screens are required by most clinical sites during the didactic and clinical phase of the program. Matriculation into the program is contingent upon acceptable background check and drug screen results. Adverse results of a background check will be considered on an individual basis and may result in an inability to matriculate into the program. Enrolled students may be randomly drug tested throughout the curriculum and clinical sites may require updated background checks. More information about the requirement will be provided to accepted applicants.