Students admitted to the Ophthalmic Medical Technology Program at UAMS can be expected to complete the course requirements which necessitate the physical and mental abilities listed below.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently in oral and written form in order to interact with patients and other health professionals.
- Have excellent corrected visual acuity.
- Be able to speak, hear and observe patients in order to ascertain information and perceive nonverbal communication.
- Be able to maintain adequate physical condition to stand, walk, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Have good manual dexterity and motor function to operate ophthalmic equipment.
- Be able to measure, calculate, reason, analyze and synthesize information under busy working conditions in the clinic.