Career Ladder Opportunities
Award of Non-graded Credit
The Career Ladder Program is designed for nationally-certified imaging and radiation professionals who have no earned academic credit in their discipline because they received their education via on-the-job-training and/or hospital–based programs that grant no academic credit. These individuals may receive up to 36 hours of non-graded lower level (1000-2000) semester credits in lieu of transferable academic credit upon completion of all other graduation requirements.
To receive non-graded credit, the student must first be admitted to the Career Ladder Program. To apply for admission the applicant must:
- Submit a CHP application with required fees and official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, including colleges, universities and hospital-based programs.
- Provide a notarized copy of the certification or registry document, which must be current, and the holder must be in good standing.
After admission, the student must:
- Develop an individualized course plan with the division director.
- Successfully complete a discipline-specific competency examination.
- Successfully complete an on-campus educational activity, as scheduled with the division director.
- Successfully complete all other graduation requirements.
Discipline-specific Competency Examination
The examination will be written, but the department reserves the right to include a clinical component if deemed necessary by the chairman. A score of at least 75% is required to successfully complete the examination. If the student fails on the first attempt, he/she must wait a minimum of 14 days before scheduling to test again. If the test is failed a second time, the division director will provide a written plan for remediation, which must be completed and verified by the division director. If the examination is not taken at UAMS, the applicant must provide a name and contact information for a proctor who meets the division director’s approval. There is a fee for each examination administered, but there will be no tuition for the non-graded credits awarded.
Fee: $150.00 competency examination fee per administration
To schedule the examination, please contact your division director.