Department of Imaging and Radiation Sciences/Radiologic Imaging Sciences Program
Joseph R. Bittengle Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship was established in 2011 to honor the memory of a man who believed strongly that caring for others was paramount, who valued education and life-long learning, and who serves as a professional mentor to many faculty members and students during his fifteen years at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Joseph Bittengle embodied professionalism, promotion of academic excellence, and service to others.
Dr. and Mrs. W. R. Brooksher, Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- In 1958, the Arkansas Medical Society Alliance established this scholarship in honor of Dr. and Mrs. W.R. Brooksher, Jr. to aid students training as medical technologist, x-ray technicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and medical social workers. Dr. Brooksher was a pioneer in the use of x-ray technology in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Endowed by the Arkansas Medical Society Alliance in 2009, the scholarship is awarded annually to an outstanding student in Radiologic Imaging Sciences.
Kenneth C. Pederson Memorial Scholarship
- Kenneth C. Pederson was a faculty member in the radiologic technology program when an unfortunate accident took his life in 1971. This scholarship was established shortly after Mr. Pederson’s untimely death in memory of his dedication, compassion, and excellence to his profession and his students. The scholarship is awarded annually to a student who demonstrates high personal and academic achievement, as well as financial need.
Scholarships for continuing students enrolled in the NW Arkansas Radiologic Imaging Sciences program:
Jeremy L. Overstreet Memorial Scholarship
- This scholarship was established in loving memory of Mr. Jeremy L. Overstreet by the Overstreet family in 2011. A dedicated student with unwavering personal strength, Overstreet graduated in 2005 with high honors from the Radiologic Imaging Sciences program at the UAMS Area Health Education Center in Fayetteville. After graduation, he worked at Mercy Health Systems in Rogers until he passed away of cancer in 2011.
Scholarships for new students enrolled in the Radiologic Imaging Sciences program who are from the Southwest Arkansas area:
Dr. and Mrs. Cyrus P. Klein Scholarship
- The Dr. and Mrs. Cyrus P. Klein Scholarship was established by Dr. and Mrs. Cordell L. Klein to provide financial assistance and recognize high academic achievement by students in the Radiologic Imaging Science program through the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.