The goals of the RRT-to-BS Degree Completion Program are as follows:
- Provide a high quality, flexible educational program for RRTs to enhance their academic credentials.
- Foster creative thinking and problem solving ability among students that translates clearly to the bedside, improving patient outcomes.
- Enhance or provide new knowledge and skills that allows the student to pursue his/her own professional and career goals.
- Communicate the importance of interprofessional collaborative practice and patient- and family-centered care in the practice of professional respiratory care.
- Provide student mentoring and professional role-modeling to establish a network of like-minded respiratory therapists who, upon graduation, will:
- Actively seek to advance the goals of the profession of Respiratory Care
- Provide care that is effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable
- Express positive values and ideals as care is delivered and prioritize the interests of those being served above one’s own
- Work effectively as members of clinical teams with the goal of providing a safer, patient-centered health care system
- Engage in critical analysis of their own practice experience, medical literature and other information resources for the purpose of self-improvement
- Demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger system of health care