How to Apply
Note: The Surgical Technology program is only accepting full-time applicants for the Fall 2018 admissions cycle. Please contact the CHP Welcome Center if you have any questions, 501-686-5730.
All application materials should be received/postmarked by June 1 to be considered for admission. Applicants must provide:
- Application for Admission: The application is required and is available here.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $40.00 is required and must accompany the application.
- Official Transcripts: Arrange for each college and university you have attended to mail an official transcript directly to the CHP Welcome Center. A cGPA of at least 2.0 is required to be considered for admission.
- Interview: Qualified applicants are contacted after receipt of transcripts and the CHP application form to arrange interviews.
- Testing Results: Writing, reading, and mathematical skills are evaluated at the time of interview by using the Nelson-Denny and a basic math examination.
- TOEFL scores as applicable. See International Applicants in the Admissions/Academic Information section of this catalog.
*Admission Requirements for Foreign, Non-permanent Resident Alien, and Non-native English Speakers: All applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent resident aliens or for whom English is not their native language must meet additional admission requirements. Please consult the Admission/Academic Information section of the CHP Catalog found at THIS LINK. Arkansas residency will be considered during selection for admission. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or disability status as a criterion in deciding against any individual in matters of admission, placement, transfer, hiring, dismissal, compensation, fringe benefits, training, tuition assistance, and other personnel or educationally-related actions. All documents should be submitted to: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Health Professions, Office of Student Affairs, UAMS, #619, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205. Telephone (501) 686-5730.
**All accepted applicants must consent to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to matriculation. Background checks and drug screens are required by most clinical sites during the didactic and clinical phase of the program. Matriculation into the program is contingent upon acceptable background check and drug screen results. Adverse results of a background check will be considered on an individual basis and may result in an inability to matriculate into the program. Enrolled students may be randomly drug tested throughout the curriculum and clinical sites may require updated background checks. More information about the requirement will be provided to accepted applicants.