Application Check List
- Application deadlines and requirements vary by program. Please pay close attention to the application deadline and requirements for your program of choice.
- The application fee will be determined by the number of programs for which you apply. The fee is $40.00 per program. READY TO APPLY!!
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions are required of applicants. A college transcript is official if mailed directly from the issuing institution or if hand-carried (or mailed) to the CHP Welcome Center in a sealed institution envelope. The transcript must bear the college seal, date, and appropriate signature. If hand-carried (or if mailed by the student), a school seal, stamp, or signature must be on the back flap of the envelope. Transcripts should be mailed to the CHP Welcome Center before the application deadline (varies by program). In no case is the application process complete until all official transcripts and supporting documentation (if required) is on file.
Our mailing address is:
College of Health Professions
4301 West Markham, Mail Slot 619
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
- Applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent resident aliens or for whom English is not their native language must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL Policy and waiver form can be found on the Forms and Policies page for future students.
Important Health Requirements If Admitted to a CHP Program
- Physical Examination – Thirty (30) days prior to their first semester’s registration, all individuals admitted must submit proof of a physical examination using the UAMS Student Pre-Enrollment Medical Examination Form. This examination is used by the Employee Health/Student Preventative Health Services (EH/SPHS) to verify required immunizations and to establish a baseline for treating illnesses occurring after admission.
- Immunizations – The following are the UAMS required immunizations prior to enrollment:
- 2 MMR vaccines (or positive measles, mumps, rubella titers)
- TDAP vaccine, 3 Hepatitis B vaccines (or positive titer for Hepatitis B)
- Varicella vaccines (students must show documentation of 2 doses of Varicella vaccine, or a varicella titer showing immunity, or a health care provider documentation of varicella diseases or herpes zoster)
- TB Skin Test (within 3 months of registration)
- Health Insurance – All students admitted to a CHP degree or certificate program are required to have major medical health insurance coverage at all times that meet minimum standards as designated by UAMS. For health insurance information, please refer to https://www.academichealthplans.com/uams/index.php.
- Background Check and Drug Screening: All College of Health Professions students must complete a background check and drug screening. Background checks and drug screenings are meant to ensure safety and compliance of all of all College of Health Professions students with various clinical sites. If you have questions or concerns on these two items, please contact Phyllis Fields, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at email@example.com or by calling 501-686-5730.
- Technical Standards: All applicants should review the technical standards for the program for which application is being made. Technical standards are the essential abilities and characteristics that are required for admission to, participation in, and completion of the specific academic program. Technical standards can be located on the CHP program’s webpage. Should you have any questions, please contact the individual program.