January 8, 2021

Meet Fiona Kelly from the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences program

My name is Fiona Kelly and I’m from Riverside, California. I chose to attend UAMS to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Science. After graduation, I plan on working in a clinical laboratory where I’ll be performing analytical tests on patient specimens and reporting the results to physicians.

I discovered how much I enjoy spending time in the lab while pursuing my first degree in biology back in California. At the time, I wasn’t aware of medical laboratory science until a family friend informed me it was an option. Once I knew about it, I was determined to become certified so I could start working in a lab. I’m so grateful for my teachers at UAMS who have prepared me for the board examination and helped me achieve my goals.

In my free time, I enjoy running all around downtown and the river trail. I’m currently training for my first full marathon that’s scheduled for next March, as long as it’s not canceled due to COVID!