Apply For Admission


For information about student residency status for fee purposes, see:

For English Proficiency requirements, see:

*Application procedures and deadlines vary by academic programs and may include interviews, references, or professional observations.  Please see the application procedures for the academic program(s) to which you are applying.

Distance Education

NOTICE: State Authorization of Distance Education and Clinical Placement

Students enrolling in a distance education program who are not residing in Arkansas as well as students who are going to a state other than Arkansas for clinical experience must have prior approval from that state’s higher education agency. Federal Program Integrity standards require UAMS to gain this approval. Fortunately, Arkansas along with many other states have joined the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). Members of the SARA provide automatic approval to other member states to “operate” in that state.  More information on state authorization for distance education to include out-of-state clinical placement of students can be found at

Should you have any questions regarding state authorization or the SARA, please contact Dr. Tina Maddox, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at (501) 686-5730 or at

NOTICE: Professional Licensure

Applicants who are applying to programs leading to licensure in states other than Arkansas must be aware of the various state professional licensure requirements. Please check licensure requirements by state at CareerOneStop.

Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

By applying to the UAMS College of Health Professions, you agree to the following: “I understand that UAMS by law, does an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The ASR contains information regarding campus security and personal safety. Copies can be picked up at the Distribution Center 2nd Floor, 800 Cottage Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas. The ASR can be found by clicking the button below:

UAMS Graduate School

  • Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition
  • PhD in Communication Sciences and Disorders

For these programs, please see the Graduate School page