April 22, 2022

Meet Dominique Sanders in the Respiratory Care Program

Greetings! My name is Dominique L. Sanders,

I am a native of Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and a 2014 graduate of Watson Chapel High School where I served as the Student Council President.  In the Fall of 2018, I earned my B.S. Degree in Biology/Pre-Med from the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.

My admittance into UAMS CHP Cardio-Respiratory Care Program three years ago has shown me that I can withstand the many challenges of life and persevere through it all. My journey as a Student Respiratory Therapist has not been easy.  Changing my status from a full-time student to a part-time student was the best decision I could have made. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.

During my Junior year, I was given my first assigned internship at one of the major hospitals in Central Arkansas.

Based on my amazing training and excellent instruction from my professors I was able to land my first job in my career field as a Student Respiratory Therapist.

When I’m not at school, in clinical, working, or studying I enjoy spending time and gathering with family and friends. I also, enjoy traveling and singing in my church choir.